I’m Ky, a pureblooded Filipina enjoying her late twenties in the bustling metropolis of Metro Manila. I love creating meals and eating out, and the Philippines has a cornucopia of cuisines and exotic produce that I can’t wait to try.
I’ve been studying neo-paganism and Wicca since I was eleven, but I’ve never really buckled down and ‘chosen a path’ because I’ve never found one that really rang true to me. My brother and I were raised overseas, but then we moved back here to the Philippines and everything started feeling awkward. Here, being pagan is looked at as either airy-fairy Chinese-flavored superstition, Goth college melodrama or curse-you-with-beetles-until-you-die voodoo. There’s a lack of public knowledge that I’d really like to turn around. Philippine mythology is also a wonderful yet untapped resource that I have yet to really study, and I’ll be documenting my thoughts and insights about that here.
Oh, and I live in our little house with my precious little baby girl, my very supportive husband and my semi-intensely Christian parents.
Yeah, we get some awkward times.
- My favorite color is blue.
- I’m a big ‘ol Fire Rabbit from the Chinese Zodiac.
- My go-to makeup is lipstick and eyeliner.
- I really should drink more water.
- I’m a cheese fanatic with a mild dislike for blue cheese.
- Cheesy pizza = A happy indulgence!
- I have wonderful hair dreams of dying my messy mop platinum blonde and/or purple and/or blue.
- I long for a drawerful of Rouge Bunny Rouge eyeshadows, which I know would tattoo a great big ‘Consumer’ on my forehead and is probably against some unwritten law of Paganism but I can’t help it, they market them so well.
- I, a bacon-loving medium-rare-steak-devouring egg fanatic, tried being vegetarian for one year.
- … I liked it.
- I am scream-like-a-banshee scared of cockroaches.
- I am also afraid of horror movies. Seriously, I just think about the ones I was stupid enough to watch and my heart starts to palpitate.
- As of right now, I use PicMonkey for all the pictures on this blog. So easy and fun!
- I’m always on the lookout for the yummiest, most affordable burger in the city.
- For me, it’s a toss-up between Snickers and Reese’s.
- Beer over wine, any time.
- I’m as far as you can get from a techno-geek as it is possible to get without living in a cake. It frustrates my husband no end.
- Because we were in a rush, I didn’t really get to have the wedding I wanted, so I have plans to throw myself a themed wedding party every anniversary. It’s going to be glorious!
- I did not wait on tenterhooks for the Harry Potter movies.
- My sweet, pretty baby is named after a Walt Disney villain because nyahahaha.